Welcome to the OFFICIAL 'About The Author' page of:
Nick Rennie has been a journalist for more than 20 years.
During that time he has worked for national, regional and local newspapers and done just about every job in the field, including news reporter, sports editor, feature writer, sub-editor and even, on occasions, photographer!
He has recently published ‘How To Become A Journalist’, a book for aspiring and trainee journalists, as a paperback and an eBOOK.
Nick published his debut novel, ‘Death Knocks and Deadlines’ in 2012. Based loosely on his own experiences in journalism, it is a must read for aspiring reporters in the field.
Nick wants budding journalists to interact with him on Twitter @renster157 , so that he can share his hard-earned knowledge with them.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nick Rennie is an award-winning journalist.
He has worked in local, regional and national newspapers for more than 20 years and now works as a freelance.
During his career he has worked in just about every role in the profession, including news reporter, news editor, sub-editor, sports editor and photographer.
He also runs his own PR consultancy, helping raise the profile of small businesses, by securing coverage for them in the media and developing their social media channels.
Nick has a Masters degree in public relations and also has the NCE, the NCTJ-accredited qualification for senior journalists.
For more information about his work go online at www.nickrenniepr.com
Do you want to become a journalist? It’s a career many aspire to have and this book will give you the best possible chance.
- The author has worked in journalism for more than 20 years so it truly is an insider’s guide.
- The principles you will learn will set you up for a job as a journalist in newspapers, radio or television.
- The book gives you templates to help you write news stories and features and top tips on exactly what you should do when you report courts cases, inquests and meetings.
- You will find out how journalists use social media as a publishing channel and as a source for breaking news.
- There are also tips on how to take photographs for use in newspapers and on news websites and advice on how to pass an interview for a job in journalism.
- This book is an ideal companion for anyone considering a job as a journalist, whether you are a school student, a graduate or someone thinking about switching careers.